This two-story in Plymouth was in need of a main floor update to accommodate a growing family. The main floor layout was vintage 1985 with a small kitchen open to the family room but an unused dining room closed off to the kitchen area.
We removed the wall between the kitchen and dining room and expanded the kitchen into dining room space. This enabled us to make a highly functional kitchen with three times as much storage, a hutch and pantry, and a big window to overlooking their wooded backyard. Features include granite countertops, Dura Supreme cabinets in Cherry (parameter) and maple with glaze (island), White Oak, nail down hardwood floors with commercial traffic finish and new Marvin patio door and kitchen window.
In the family room area we removed two large entertainment cabinets and replaced them with to smaller cabinets with wood tops. We also refaced (did not need to remove existing brick) with a cultured stone with limestone hearth. We refinished their existing glass fireplace doors to help keep their budget in line.
The master bathroom also needed an update, and with the failing shower walls it was a disaster waiting to flood the first floor. They also had a 4′ x 6′ whirlpool tub that they never used. We replaced the whirlpool with a smaller soaking tub. That helped open up the area to make a separate room for the toile and enlarged the shower. Features include cherry cabinets, granite countertops, frameless shower door and new Marvin window.
Main Floor Highlights:
- Reconfigure main floor kitchen, dining room and family room space
- Kitchen relocated into existing dining room space
- New cherry & maple kitchen cabinets including hutch with pantry & display glass
- Stainless steel appliances with Bosch cook top and dishwasher, LG French door refrigerator, Decor under counter oven and
- Granite counter tops with under mount sink, disposal air switch in counter top
- Marvin Terrace swinging patio door and large casement kitchen window
- New 2¼” white oak floors in kitchen, family room and living room
- New tile flooring in main floor entry with cement sub base
- Newly faced fireplace with cultured limestone over existing brick
- Completely updated mud room/laundry room with shoe & boot storage, built in seating area and lots of hooks for coat hanging
- New cabinet, Cambria counter top, sink, faucet, mirror and plumbing fixtures in mud room
- Knockdown ceiling finish in entire main floor including two story main entry
Master Bathroom Highlights
- Reconfigure the bathroom to create a separate room for toilet
- Enlarge shower area, tile up to and including ceiling
- Programmable heated floor under ceramic tile
- Frameless shower door
- 36″ tall cabinets with two sinks
- Separate mirrors and new lights
- Knock down ceilings